Looking for time tracking spreadsheet? I recently update my post (Time study spreadsheet). Check out this page for more template like that. You can download daily to the weekly templates and manage the monthly records in Excel Sheet.
Time tracking is important for many businesses. It has multiple uses as per the nature of the business. There is a labor in some businesses that are paid as per the quantity of work they have performed. Similarly, daily wages labor is paid as per the time they have spent doing some activity.
- Daily Company staff time tracking
- You can convert this template into man-hours or shift schedule template
- Best spreadsheet template in that market
- MS Excel (Format) is using
Although, there are several time tracking tools available on the internet for any scale business. Sometimes tracking logs work to record the clock in and clock out times to record the number of hours work has spent on work. However, these tools require the purchase of expensive mobile apps or software.
Many Time tracking tools available in the market.
Key Features of Daily Time Tracking Spreadsheet
Therefore, spreadsheet is simple and free of cost solutions for small businesses. It keeps track of the time being spent by the workers to perform certain activities.
- Moreover, this spreadsheet can be easily customized as per the requirement.
- One can simply record the total number of hours a worker has worked on a project in a week.
The spreadsheet is used by freelancers hired on an hourly basis, lawyers providing hourly services, engineers, contractors, and many other professionals. The purpose is to track the time spent on certain tasks or clients.
The same spreadsheet can be used as an employee attendance sheet with very few alterations. Also, the MS Excel professional features of pivot tables and drop-down lists are useful for effective management of the time tracking spreadsheet.
Uses of Daily Time Tracking Spreadsheet:
The spreadsheet has several advantages and can be used for different purposes such as:
- The use of a spreadsheet is very common in the projects. Where it is used to track the manhours spent on a certain activity to perform as per the availability of other resources. So, the total actual labor cost for the activity can be calculated.
- It is also used in the businesses that hire the labor on daily wages or as per the work requirement. So, wages can be paid daily according to the time spent by each worker.
- Work same like staff roster template
Types of Daily Time Tracking Spreadsheet
Although there are several types of time tracking spreadsheets. However, employee wise and daily time tracking spreadsheets are the most common ones.
Moreover, spreadsheet is used by small businesses to record the clock in and out of the time of all the employees for a particular day. An effective daily time tracking spreadsheet must include the following details:
- Name of Project
- List of Employees
- Activity Description
- Start Time
- Break Start
- Break End
- End Time
- Vacation / Sick Hours
- Regular Hours
- Overtime Hours
- Total Hours Worked
In conclusion, template is an MS Excel-based tool used by the small businesses to record the clock in and out information of the workers.
Google Sheets Daily Timesheet Template
Google docs’ base spreadsheet with the benefits of online saving is the most popular tool nowadays. Check out various formats and pick the best for your company or project theme.
So, the total hours worked by an employee in a day can be calculated for different purposes. Such as to calculate the labor cost to perform an activity.